Bate Family

Sunday, March 1, 2009

How many times can you hit your head and be okay?
















Yesterday was quite entertaining. Not the best entertainment, but humorous now. Let me start at the beginning...


Last week my uncle emailed me asking for prayer for a little girl at his church who was 1 and fell out of her crib. They thought she was fine, but ended up taking her in and finding internal bleeding. Friday night I got a follow up email asking for prayer for the family as she had passed away. I was absolutely taken back! I CANT IMAGINE loosing Jacob right now! I thought...I wonder how high her mattress was that she could get out? Jacob could never climb out of his. (never say never right!?!) Seriously though, Jacob's crib hits him mid chest. How do you get over that? Well... Saturday morning I wake to...THUD...followed by intense screaming. I look at my video monitor and don't see him. I still didn't think anything of it...my contacts are always fuzzy first thing and I looked as I ran out of bed. I run into his room and HE IS LAYING ON THE FLOOR BALLING! Are you kidding me? How did he manage that? I seriously can't figure it out still. I have no side bars on the crib that he could climb on. Jacob does have an extremely strong upper body (due to his father thinking its funny to make him do pull ups on the shower rod). So my guess is this...Jacob likes to throw his paci out and then try and look for it. He probably threw it out and then while looking for it pulled himself up and flip....the rest is history.

So we calm down, eat breakfast and he seems fine (Although I have no clue what to look for). Bathtime it is. So I get him in the tub and he keeps standing up, normally not an issue. I tell him to sit down and as he does...flip...his feet fly out from under him and he's on his head screaming again! REALLY!?! Seriously child is there a magnet in his head pulling it to the ground? Yet again, he seems fine after the tears clear. NAP TIME FINALLY! I put him down for nap and watch him like a hawk on the monitor running downstairs panicked a few times. I don't want him falling again. After nap I brought him upstairs and my friend was here. We were getting ready to leave to go to Fur Rondy. I went to grab a diaper real quick and I hear Jacob racing across the room. I turn just in time to see him fly toward the gate....the gate I hadn't closed! From that moment it felt like slow motion...I scream JACOB NO! Fly across the room thinking seriously again...DIVE on the ground just in time to grab his final foot as he falls down the stairs. SERIOUSLY CHILD, DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH? I actually started laughing at this point, the whole day seemed so unbelievable. I had Melanie take a picture of which I will post. :) The rest of the night was fun. We went and saw fireworks. Jacob "played in" or touched the snow for the first time and went to Red Robin for dinner. Our friends (Jacob's godparents) Kyle and Natalie came over after and fixed the crib. So no more worries! If Jacob gets out of this one he will be old enough to know better and not only will reap the consequence of a fall...but a spanking to follow it up. ha ha such a twirp he is!
Today, Sunday, has been another hard day. Jacob fell apart at church. The nursery worker brought him back to me twice! He has always loved the nursery and it has never been an issue before. That was hard to deal with. It really is pointless to be at church when you have a child that is unhappy and you're alone. We finally got home and went down for nap and he woke up in a bad mood. He wines like crazy! I was so frustrated and thought, grace isn't working! Everyone says, "Keep giving him grace, he has a lot going on!" But what do you do when grace doesn't seem enough...drugs! ha ha I gave him tylenol. Maybe he has a headache from his head being thrown at the ground or he is teething. Unfortunately, the wining only stopped for a bit. All that being said...I started thinking. I wonder if the Lord ever thinks that about me? "Grace isn't working!" I wonder if I ever put Him at His wits end like Jacob does me? It's kinda funny how having a kid can put a different twist on the way you think about the Lord. My only question is this...does he resort to drugs? If so....WHERE ARE MY DRUGS????!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment