Bate Family

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I don't have a lot to write about, but I have a few updates and funny stories. :)

First, we only have 13 more days till the movers come and 18 more days till I move. This comes with mixed emotions. Last deployment I had good friends, but we weren't as close as we are now. Obviously that happens with time. I've been busy every night with someone, which makes it that much harder to leave. On the flip side, I'm super excited to be with family and reunite with old friends! Please continue to pray for the sell of our house. It is listed by owner currently, but is going on the market with a realtor on the 24th.

I mentioned a few posts back about my grandma's husband having cancer. He has gotten significantly worse. :( This is a really hard thing on the family. He went from having several months to a few weeks. Were hoping I make it down there before he passes away.

Jacob is walking like crazy now! He thinks its so fun! He really likes the praise he gets for it as well. If any of you know my son, you know he will do ANYTHING for praise! Tonight for dinner Kyle and Natalie were over and we bbq'd salmon. Jacob ate more than Natalie! It was so funny. We made it with a lot of cajun seasoning...so it had bite! The kid loved it! He never ceases to amaze me! I am going to have quite the grocery bill someday! Matt is not a cheap eater (asks for steak at least once a week) :) and Jacob is following in his steps. Luckily, in Alaska the fish is free....so eat on! Another funny...yet not so funny story about Jacob. Biting...you heard me...biting! How could this be funny? I thought the same thing! I have NEVER found biting humorous...until today. (isn't that horrible) Jacob laid his head on my shoulder and all of a sudden I felt him chewing on my neck. It tickled SO BAD! I squealed and started laughing hysterically! Which...as stated before, Jacob loves reactions! So of course he thinks its funny and proceeds to do it. I was trying so hard to put on a straight face and say no...but first, it tickled! Second, he would bite me and then laugh so hard I'm sure he pee'd his pants! I've never seen him laugh so hard at something! He thought it was the greatest thing ever. Anyways, eventually he was trying to bite my arm, leg yada yada. I sternly said no, put him down for a nap and smiled as I walked away! I'm hoping he forgot about it cuz he hasn't done it since. I know its absolutely horrible and I cannot allow my child to think its okay to bite...but if you know me at all when I think somethings funny I can't stop laughing! Moments like these I always pass him off to Matt and let him take care of it while I go to another room and laugh. Where is Matt in times like these!?! :)

I have heard from Matt a few times. He is doing good. Just found out tonight that he will be staying with his platoon for a while. He is very excited about that, as he was not ready to leave them.

Yesterday we went to my friend Renee's house. Her son Levi is 6 months older than Jacob. They had a lot of fun playing together and we had fun hanging out together! It's nice to let the boys play and have opportunities to work with them on sharing! OH YES, one more story...
So, we were making a spinach salad of sorts. (It has lots of other things in it too) We had all the other stuff ready and were putting spinach on our plates when Renee pulled out a FEATHER! Isn't that gross! I just about lost it! My stomach was so queasy! A bird feather in spinach! Needless to say, we emailed the company and both have a new distorted view of spinach. It may be a while before I can eat it again....a looooooooooooong while!

Well, that's all for now. I'll put a few more pictures up of the last few days. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment