Bate Family

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A little bit of everything

The last two days have been a nice distraction. Melanie has been coming over with Eli and hanging out. We've been cooking together and just having fun. It's nice not being alone all the time! Jacob loves watching Eli play on the floor.

Jacob is still having a rough time. I can't figure out if he's teething, missing Matt or both. I just know that our afternoons and evenings are rough. Please be praying for that if you think of it!

I finally got around to some much needed errands and cleaning today. It's a nice feeling! I also received several cards and a birthday present from my mom in the mail. I've had a headache for two days now (I think from lack of sleep), so it was nice to have some positive things today!

On another note, I got an email from my Dad last night. My grandma's husband of 10 years has been having some health issues for a few months now. It just started with a general cold that he couldn't fight. Next thing you know he has fluid in his lungs and is having several tests ran. They haven't been proactive in treating or diagnosing him so I guess I figured it was nothing. I was wrong! :( I don't remember the exact term for what he has, but they have only given him a little time left to live. They have planned a trip to the beach in May and are hoping that he is still around and well to take that trip. Please be in prayer for them and the family during this time.

I'm still numb to the hole thing. My grandpa died 2 months before I was born and my grandma married Al ten years ago. I have never thought of Al as my grandpa, but I have always loved him as family. He has been so good to my grandma and made her so happy during their time together. I truly can't imagine being told my husband is dying. How do you handle that? How do you spend your last days? What do those conversations look like? How do you mentally prepare to bury a second husband? So many questions run through my mind. I've never dealt with death before, and I don't really know how I'll handle it. The one thing I do know is this...Al does know Jesus and soon will be out of pain and sitting by His side! How amazing is that? Can you imagine knowing that in a few weeks/months you will be sitting with our King? Another thought I can't wrap my mind around. It seems so surreal. I did talk to my grandma today and she said, "God has given us a wonderful 10 years together, and I thank Him for that. He is good!" What an amazing woman of the Lord! I hope that if one day I'm told my husband is dying that can truly be my heart. With all that being said, please be praying for everyone during this time. I really dread having to deal with this for the first time without Matt. It will be hard, but I will be down there and with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment