Bate Family

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Single Parenting...

Boy oh boy was today a day! You know those days where you can't wait for your husband to get home so you can pass over the kiddo say, "here ya go!" and leave! TODAY WAS THAT DAY! One problem...that requires your husband coming home. grrrr Jacob is definitely having a hard time with Matt being gone! He did fine this morning, but wouldn't sleep for his afternoon nap and the rest of the day was a mess! For the sanity of both of us I decided to get out of the house and go to the mall. That was okay for a bit, but he eventually got tired. Thankfully, my friend Melanie met me at the mall and Jacob calmed down for a bit. Her husband is deployed as well and we both had identical problems today! It was nice to be able to vent and walk around for a bit! We had dinner plans with some other army wives tonight, obviously that wasn't possible with two cranky kids. So we ended up at Round Table Pizza in the mall. (where we got an extra free pizza out of the deal!) After I came home, played with Jacob for a while, gave him a bottle and now he's in bed! I truly thank the Lord that I don't have a kid who is characterized by this! I know that this is him having a hard time with change. So if you think about it, Please pray for an extra amount of grace for both Jacob and I right now!

On a side note: Matt texted me tonight and is in Afghanistan. He is in classes all day and that is as much as I know about him! Praise the Lord for safe travels!

Well, I'm off to utilize this time and get some cleaning done (another thing that has to change...can't wait for Matt to get home to do it!).

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz, you are such a strong women and an amazing Mom. I know I can't completely relate with what you are going through because I am not an Army wife, but I can sympathize with hard Mommy/kid days. I am so glad you have such good support up there. I can not wait for you to be here so I can be that support to you. I think about you all the time and love you so much! Kiss Jacob's sweet baby cheeks for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete